Thursday, September 13, 2012
One Lovely Blog Award!
Well Wowweeee!! I have just recieved my very first Blog Award from the lovely blogger Cindy D at www.theslumberingherd.com - home to her magical beasts and magical maidens. Check her out!
So, being a first timer I had to do some research on the award. The idea is I tell you 7 things about me and then I pass the award onto 7 of my favourite blogs. So, let begin...
1. I bake bread every morning because our nearest bakery is a 9 hour drive.
2. I was president of The Tree House Club (but really my younger sister should have been!)
3. Most of my bestest friends (including my sister) are now spread far across the globe but time never matters we always just catch up from where we left off.
4. I did Year 6 by correspondence while travelling around Australia in a motorhome with my family and as part of a theatre troupe.
5. My 5 favourite books are Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Little Prince, Where the Wild Things Are, The BFG and The Caliph's House.
6. When I was a kid I was afraid of the dark but now I like to walk through the house in the middle of the dark night and listen to the quiet.
7. When I was born my mum had to be flown by the flying doctor service to Darwin hospital
So now you know me you, you should meet some of my friends, some in real life and some in blog life but all seriously talented.
1. Amy Homes @ Turquoise and Teal - She showed me that blogs could be about more than just words.
2. Shelly Knoll-Miller @ Shelly Cartoons - A super mum, super cartoonist and super home builder (http://buildingwithstraw.blogspot.com.au/)
3. Sunshine GB March @ Ceramirama - Beautiful ceramics for eating out of, drinking from and wearing.
4. Gay McKinnon @ Silvergum Studio - Illustrator, glassmaker and excellent conference pal when you feel like everyone seems to know everyone except you! (@ CYA 2010)
5. Rod MacGregor @ The Pen Mover - Ok so his Gerard is quite possibly the opposite of lovely but he's offbeat and slightly mad and makes he laugh my head off every week.
6. Roberto M @ Oat - A beautiful and surreal illustrator that's takes you to places you think you might have been or maybe dream to go.
7. Rita Barton @ Rita Barton - A mum and artist with a slice of life blog that is warm and welcoming taking you inside her kitchen, studio and home.
Thanks again to super blog-ette Cindy D!